Driving School in Bourne – weekly update 09/08/15
August 10, 2015
Your local Driving School in Bourne gives you all the motoring info around your area…
- Peterborough police are appealing for witnesses to dangerous driving which involved injury to several people at Orton Southgate industrial estate at 23.30hrs on 08/08/15 https://www.facebook.com/CambsCops/posts/852924528119250?fref=nf
- 3 yr old boy hit by a car in Oakham at the pelican crossing outside Walkers book shop in the High St.
- Resident of UAE raises issue of limited pedestrian mobility near Grantham shops after summer visit to town.
- Resident from Yaxley is jailed for 10 months for ramming a police vehicle at the time of escaping from Police in his vehicle, and drink driving.
- A 32 yr old female from Holbeach has been charged to appear at Boston Magistrates Court after driving 4 times over the legal drink drive limit.
- 8 immigrants were arrested after being discovered in the back of a lorry at a Peterborough petrol station.
- A 25 yr old speedway rider form Norfolk has come out of an induced coma after being critically injured at the East of England Showground in Peterborough. Over £5000 has been raised to support him and his family http://www.gofundme.com/d54vykh9fh9
- 32 yr old male from March has been jailed for 20 months and banned from driving for 4 years after a dangerous overtake on the A141 near Chatteris left another driver seriously injured.
- Road closures expected on Double Street and Herring Lane, Spalding for 3 weeks from 16/08/15
- The brand new road layout for Bourges Boulevard in Peterborough has already been scarred with some graffiti which will cause yet further lane closure and delays to have it removed.
- 6 vehicle crash near Sawtry on A1(M) northbound left 7 injured, 1 seriously.
- 71 yr old male driver from Spalding fined £225 and 5 points on licence for failing to stop after an accident, and driving without due care and attention.
- A vehicle overturned in Bretton on the A47 in Peterborough, leaving 2 females injured.
- Visitors to Grantham were far from impressed after receiving parking ticket for “not parked within the markings of the bay or space” when it was impossible to see where the lines of the bay were.
- 2 lorries on A1 southbound near Grantham and Stamford collide and caught fire causing no injuries but road was closed for 24hrs such was the extent of the blaze, causing huge disruption.
- SKDC has asked employers to check vehicles are displaying proper no smoking signs.
- Deeping Shopping Centre hosting first ever car boot sale on 16/08/15.
- Long Sutton resident publicly thanks unknown person for covering car window to prevent her car from rain soaked inside after she mistakenly left it open after receiving a parking ticket.
- Boston Classic Car Club holds 23rd annual show in Kirton for LIVES charity.
- Argos in Peterborough are actively seeking 18 new drivers for local deliveries.
- A stream of accidents on A1 between Colsterworth and Newark is costing £46,000 per day. Police say excessive speed is the cause.
- 56 yr old driver from Spalding fined £270 for driving without a seatbelt.
- Revision of 30mph restriction of Station Road in Deeping St James – by 03/09/15
- Rural Crime Survey 2015 reveals rural crime is costing Lincs £1.8 million. Theft being by far the most costly crime for farmers.
- Local resident in Spalding raises issue of parking on pavements causing obstruction and problems particularly for vulnerable users of footpaths.
- Desperate call from Mother in Grantham to Police to help release her trapped baby from inside her car was not acted on. Fire brigade crew eventually arrived to release baby from vehicle.
- Dower House Hotel in Woodhall Spa is holding a F1 Experience Evening on 11/09/15 for St Barnabas Lincolnshire Hospice.
- Bourne hotel manager found guilty of criminal damage to car belonging to partner is fined £750.76 and court costs of £235
- Local resident in Casterton Road, Stamford appeals for help due to persistent inconsiderate parking causing danger near junction with Perth Road.
- South Holland Parish Voluntary Car Scheme is appealing for more volunteers to join it’s team of 60 drivers.
- Elderly people are being warned of a scam where fraudsters are offering to renew driving licences for over 70’s.