Driving School in Bourne – weekly update 15/08/15
August 15, 2015
Your local Driving School in Bourne gives you all the motoring info around your area…
- Footpath nr Wherry’s Spinney on Elsea Park estate, Bourne set to close for a year due to new homes being built.
- 2 people cut free from car after crash at Sutton Bridge in New Road – extent of injuries unknown.
- Campaign continues for improved road safety measures on St Mary’s Road, Ramsey with local MP also adding weight to the cause of putting safety barriers to prevent vehicles going into the River Nene.
- Willoughby Rd, Morcott road closure 18,19,20,25,26,27 August.
- Protests from Sutton Bridge Parish Council representing residents views were successful in opening up a right of way from Petts Lane onto the river Nene’s West Bank.
- Peterborough City Council staff are being given training and powers to fine cyclists £30 who ignore the cycle ban in Bridge Street, Peterborough.
- Road closure on Vineyard Road/St John’s Street, Peterborough – Mon-Fri starting 17/8/15.
- A caravan became detached from a lorry travelling south on A1 near Stamford causing long delays.
- Morton & Hanthorpe Parish meeting declares that kerbing cannot be installed on the A15 Bourne Road verge opposite Hillview as it would require installation of drainage gullies which is not possible.
- Very long queues were created near McDonalds on A151 Holbeach Road at Spalding due to hedge cutting by BT workmen.
- Cambridge Utd player clocked doing 156mph on A1 (M) gets his 2nd ban from driving, this time for 6 months and a £1400 fine. He joins a Nottingham Forest player who was also banned 3 weeks ago after doing 115mph on same stretch of road.
- Local resident appeals urgent maintenance of eastern side of Little London Bridge and start of Fen End Lane, Spalding.
- 2 car collision closed the A47 Eye Road near Thorney Road – 1 car ended up in a ditch, no serious injury.
- Driving Instructor Tom Ingram from BIG TOM Driving School in Bourne raises choices for Bourne residents, and surrounding villages with use of “Marketplace” for driving lessons in Bourne.
- Residents within Thurlby parish are being encouraged to attend a neighbourhood plan meetings in an effort to raise communications between residents and Thurlby Parish Council. Important matters arising include the so far rejected pedestrian crossing for Thurlby in line with the crossing at Northorpe.
- Professional advice suggests that pedestrian crossing further north of crossroads on A15 at Morton is not viable, however, councillors resolved by vote of 5:3 NOT to support the alternative 4 way traffic controlled option for the crossroads. Council agreed to consult entire parish by way of questionnaire (wording to be agreed at next meeting). A15 Morton crossing options to be further discussed 8/9/15 at Morton Village Hall preceded by a public forum at 7.15pm.
- 42 yr old male from Spalding given 6 month suspended prison sentence, with 200 hrs unpaid work, £380 costs and 6 points on licence for driving while disqualified.
- Firefighters called to a burning car (electrical fault in battery) in Barnack Road, Stamford, a burning tractor in Little Bytham and a caravan in Uffington Road (electrical fault).
- Over 2000 visitors turned up in beautiful weather to the Boston Classic Car Club at Graves Park in Kirton to see over 450 cars on show.
- A Court of Appeal has rejected the challenge from Larkfleet Homes for a southern bypass off the A52 in Grantham. The proposal is for a 3Km section of road off the B1174 linking up to the A52.
- Local resident at Wilsford volunteers to monitor and maintain the newly purchased speed indicator device bought by the Parish Council, currently being used in School Lane with plans to also use it at 2 other locations in village.
- DHL Supply Chain Logistics providers for Dixons Carphone Group Newark currently seeking LGV C & C+E drivers
- A middle aged male cyclist was hospitalised after an accident with a car in West Elloe Avenue, Spalding.
- Leicestershire Police plan a week long campaign starting Monday 17/08/15 specifically tackling speeding cars.
- 48 yr old female from Stamford was fined £525 and given 6 points on her driving licence for driving with no insurance, insufficient tyre tread and without all lights (reg plates) working.
- Rutland County Council has decided to reduce cost of parking on market days at Oakham and Uppingham for a 6 month trial period.
- Lincs Co-op confirm to Morton & Hanthorpe Parish Council no plans for King’s Head site.