Your local driving school in Bourne gives you all the motoring info around your area…
- According to LCC the gritters treat 1,869 miles of roads in the county – just over a third of Lincolnshire’s entire 5,500 mile road network.
- Baston Parish Council discloses findings from interactive speed signs that proves that 1% of 50,000 vehicles travel at over 45 mph (5mph + over the speed limit) through Baston.
- A parking scheme survey has been undertaken in Grantham conducted by SKDC and could result in local residents being forced to pay to park in their streets in order to guarantee a place.
- BIG TOM Driving School in Bourne is proud to be associated and support the festive plays at Bourne Corn Exchange this Christmas – enjoy the show!
- Safety issues for Elsea Park residents in Bourne continue to mount with news that residents living in the most recent new-builds have no means of walking other parts of the development resulting in pedestrians walking along a busy by-pass with no footpath. This is the same development that has previously been reported for not finishing roads to a reasonable standard, with high kerbstones and raised drain covers. It also is the same development where according to representatives of the Elsea Park Trust, the Highway Agency decided not to paint any white lines marking junctions – apparently an initiative that raises road safety.
- There are continued complaints about the parking charges at Stamford Hospital. Comparisons are being drawn with the charges that have been in place at Peterborough for years now.
- A 21 yr old male resident from Stamford has been charged with dangerous driving and 5 counts of causing serious injury through dangerous driving due to the cruise incident at Orton Southgate, Peterborough on 8/8/15
- Age Concern in Deeping are asking for volunteer minibus drivers to assist with the transport needs of elderly residents (01778 344935 or 01778 348987).
- Collyweston Parish Council are asking for volunteers to assist with a community speed watch – sign on at the village shop.
- Local Councillor at Kings Cliffe Parish Council raises the issue of inconsiderate driving and parking in the village.
- A 25yr old male driver from Leighton Buzzard was seriously injured late on Saturday night on Kings Clifffe Road, Wansford, when his vehicle left the road and hit a tree.
- Donations continue for the female driver from Werrington who was involved in the head on accident on a Peterborough parkway. Her 2 young sons have been offered VIP treatment at a Posh home match and invited to the Junior Posh Christmas Party.
- A male suffered serious injury after a collision on the A15 nr Yaxley at 7am on Tuesday.
- Peterborough Mags Court have sent a death by dangerous driving case to the Crown Court. It involves the fatal accident of young male cyclist 2 days before Christmas Day last year, on Storey’s Bar Road.
BIG TOM Driving School in Bourne Bookings: 0800 689 4174