Driving School in Bourne – weekly update 29/08/15
August 30, 2015
Your local Driving School in Bourne gives you all the motoring info around your area…
- Small group of foxhounds broke off from meeting up with hunt horses in Milton Park, to chase 2 dogs also in the park at the time. A foxhound and spaniel were killed by a passing car on the A47 in Peterborough.
- Driving Instructor in Bourne, Tom Ingram from BIG TOM Driving School in Bourne joins well established and well reputed driving associations, MSA, DIA and ADINJC.
- The IPCC are investigating the death of a 62 yr old male driver, who drove into a wall in Stamford after Police began to approach it in connection with “it’s manner of driving”.
- Complaints received for poor roadwork maintenance in Stainby including weeds growing through surface and unfilled potholes.
- Police in Grantham are warning drivers not to leave cars insecure after thefts from superstore car parks.
- Collision in Oundle Road, Woodston, Peterborough causes 3 people needing hospital treatment.
- Further complaints received after yet further parking tickets being issued in Grantham for vehicles not parked within a bay. The one small piece of granite that is the only marking of the bays continues to cause problems for accurate bay parking.
- Network Rail continues to state that two of the busiest railway crossings in the country at Tallington and Helpston, will eventually be closed – yet still no dates are forthcoming on when work will begin.
- A poster from Langham Primary School wins the competition set by Safer Rutland Partnership to try to dissuade parents from parking on yellow zig-zags outside schools.
- A woman driving a mini was involved in a collision with a lorry on the A606 near to Barnsdale Lodge and had to be airlifted to a Nottingham hospital.
- Residents near Bluebell playing fields, Peterborough continue to complain to Police of motorbikes being ridden on footpaths parallel to the A47 cutting through to Paston. Police confirm it is a city wide issue.
- A 24 yr old woman was banned from driving for 2 yrs, told she would need to take an extended re-test, and given a 38 week suspended prison sentence at Peterborough Crown Court after pleading guilty to driving up to 60mph in city centre streets on 04/07/2015.
- Ketton Parish Council meeting attended by Police reveals targeting thefts from unattended vehicles around Rutland Water.
- Resident of Spalding complains of nearly being knocked off feet by cyclist in Winsover Road.