Your local driving school in Bourne gives you all the motoring info around your area…
- A serious accident at the weekend involving a silver Toyota Corolla on the A1 nr Rutland has left Police asking for witnesses to come forward. The 27 yr old driver from Reading died and the front passenger seriously injured.
- Roadworks continue in South Road, Bourne near the junction with Great Northern Gardens, which is expected to be closed for 1 day on 13/12/15
- A 59 yr old male from Deeping St James pleaded guilty to drink driving in Thurlby – disqualified from driving for 40 months, fined £675
- Bourges Boulevard in Peterborough, nr the voluntary fire brigade, was partially blocked on Monday causing heavy congestion, due to blocks of ice had fallen off a lorry.
- A 71 yr old male from Folkingham was found guilty of driving otherwise in accordance with a licence, and defective tyres. Fined £569 and 3 points added to driving licence.
- An elderly lady suffered injury after a 2 vehicle accident on Monday night at Spittalgate Level on the B1174, Grantham.
- A 43 yr old male from Billingborough was found guilty of failing to provide information relating to the driver of a vehicle involved in an offence and was fined £961 and had 6 points added to his driving licence.
- Despite Ancaster being one of the first villages to pilot the Community Speed Watch and receive the speeding equipment for the ‘Gateway Scheme’, residents have started a petition calling for further enforcement and road safety measures such is their complaint of speeding motorists through the village.
- A 24 yr old male from Wisbech has been convicted of drink driving after being found to be 3 x over the legal limit. He had only lost his driving licence 2 days previously after being found guilty of the same offence. Driving ban for 3 yrs, car seized, 6 week prison sentence, £260 fine.
- 300 bikers rode into Grantham for the Christmas Bikers’ Toy Run to deliver toys for need children.
- Police in Lincolnshire have joined up with E.Midlands, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and Nottinghamshire Police Forces to enforce a campaign against drunk and drugged motorists.
- BIG TOM Driving School in Bourne was only affected with 1 cancelled driving test this week (Saturday). The other test for the driving school was on Tuesday and was undertaken due to no strike action that day. Driving Examiners across the country are striking and applying a work to rule after what are considered to be unreasonable demands from their employer the DVSA.
BIG TOM Driving School in Bourne Bookings: 01778 309773