BIG TOM Driving School is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The rules on the processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation.
Who are we?
Tom Ingram (Owner of BIG TOM Driving School) is the data controller and registered with the ICO: 00015322626). This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Contact: info@BIGTOM.org.uk
The purpose of processing your personal data – booking of driving training
- We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Purchasing driving training reservations
- Booking of practical and theory tests with the DVSA
- Digital access to provisional licence details
- Delivery of in-car training by BIG TOM Franchisee
- Maintain our accounts and records
- Manage our franchise
- To inform individuals of test passes/course information
- Subscription to a theory study app
- Sourcing of an express practical test slot
The categories of personal data concerned
The personal data you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, drivers licence, theory pass certificate, credit card information, test pass photograph, customer survey.
You will also be allocated unique DVSA test booking reference numbers which are handled on your behalf. After taking a driving test, the DVSA will send us your test report, which we collect on your behalf and forward to you.
- Consent of data subject
- Processing necessary for the performance of a service contract (or to take steps to enter into a contract) – providing theory study and/or in-car driving training, purchasing process
- Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation – eyesight test prior to driving training, fitness to drive (including Covid)
- Processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller – verification of provisional driving licence entitlement
- Processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the data controller – any specific needs required for the taking of DVSA tests.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with BIG TOM Administrative personnel and BIG TOM franchisees, DVSA bookings, theory study app provider.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for a period of 30 days after the formal completion of your driving training in case of any legal claim/complaint. In the case of credit card data for processing payments, we do not record, store or retain ANY data for any period of time once the payment has been processed.
Providing us with your personal data
You are under no obligation to provide us with your personal data, but failure to do so will prevent us from creating bookings for you, ensuring driving training is legal and our ability to book DVSA tests.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
to request a copy of it, to request we correct any inaccurate or out of date data, to request it be deleted where it is no longer necessary to retain such data, to withdraw your consent to the processing of it at any time.
In addition to the above rights:
to request we provide you with your personal data, when there is a dispute in relation to accuracy or processing to request a restriction is placed on further processing, to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact info@BIGTOM.org.uk with subject heading “FAO: Data Controller”. We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. There is no fee. If the request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive then we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.
Queries/Requests/Concerns – In the first instance contact the Data Controller via info@BIGTOM.org.uk. If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO on 0303 123 1113 or ico.org.uk
Any changes we may make to our privacy policies in the future will be posted on this (and other pages) and, where appropriate, notified to you by email.
This version was last updated 06/01/2021