Driving School in Bourne – weekly update 21/08/15
August 21, 2015
Your local Driving School in Bourne gives you all the motoring info around your area…
- Driver in his 60’s suffers serious injury after coming off road on A15 (dual carriageway section) for reason not known at this stage. Air lifted to Nottingham hospital. This section of road continues to be location of serious accidents (inc fatality) in the recent past.
- Landlord of pub in Spalding calls Police and follows lorry for 1.5hrs after seeing driver jump 2 red lights and cut up traffic only to be told it was not a priority.
- Over 20 year old pedestrian crossing in London Road, Grantham (nr Sainsburys) to be updated starting 01/09/15 for 2 weeks.
- Roadworks in Double Street Spalding (as reported here http://www.bigtom.org.uk/driving-school-in-bourne-weekly-update-090815/ ) are causing complaints due to unfinished work creating hazards.
- A153 closure due to lorry hitting and felling tree – no injuries.
- Woman in her 30’s suffered facial injury after collision on London Road, Peterborough involving motorbike and bus.
- Concerned locals of Shepeau Stow continue to raise fears for school children safety when term starts due to trees blocking visibility for motorists approaching B1166 at Dowsdale Road junction. A Highways Inspector visited and disagreed that they block vision of the junction.
- Billingborough Parish Council confirm the purchase of a speed control sign that will be moved between 3 sites: Folkingham Road, Pointon Road and Horbling Road. Despite this, no reports still of Bourne Parish Council accepting the value of these speed signs.
- Resident in Grantham pleaded guilty to driving whilst unfit through drugs and without licence or insurance. £280 fine, 6 points on his provisional licence, and disqualified from driving for 12 months.
- Open invitations given to owners of interesting vehicles by Spalding and East Elloe Classic Car Club for an informal meeting at Saracen’s Head Whaplode Manor, September 22nd.
- Residents of Princess Drive, Grantham complain about cycle lane outside their homes. Area Highways Manager reiterates the purpose of the lane being linked to nearby Priory Ruskin Academy and appeals for local residents to refrain from parking on the cycle lane.
- Tempers continue to boil as parking enforcement within Grantham continues to affect traders (as reported here http://www.bigtom.org.uk/driving-school-in-bourne-weekly-update-18715/ )
- Magistrate in Grantham hears case of locally residing female drink driver and mid-case realises he actually was her driving instructor. Case proceeded, and she was given 12 month driving ban and £435 fine.
- Horse was put down by a vet after being hit by a car at Elm High Road near Wisbech.
- 75 year old male driver from Wilsford, denies endangering safety of a person upon the railway, and driving dangerously, after court hears he allegedly turned left at a level crossing in Wilsford, onto the tracks. Case continues.
- Resident in Peterborough appeals for Police to enforce prohibition of cyclists using footpaths, asking cyclists to make use of extensive cycle paths provided in Peterborough.
- Resident from Cottesmore pleads for more consideration from drivers in Mill Street, Oakham and Water Street, Stamford when parking to be more attentive to the correct position in the bay, not using up 2 bays.
- 26 yr old male driver from Chatteris pleads guilty to dangerous driving on A141 Isle of Ely Way at Wimblington causing serious injury, and also possession of cannabis. Jailed for a year, disqualified from driving for 4 years and fined £100