Driving School in Bourne – Weekly Update – 25/7/15
July 25, 2015
Your local Driving School in Bourne gives you all the motoring info around your area…
- Instant easing of traffic congestion in Peterborough as Bourges Boulevard improvements come to an end. Some very positive feedback of the new design and appearance.
- Heavy traffic is expected for the Huntingdon Secret Garden Party… ends July 27th
- Resident from Thurlby (39 yrs) is disqualified from driving for 6 months after admitting to driving without a licence and insurance with fees of £592
- Lollipop lady at Bourne Westfield Primary School saluted for 15 years of loyal service.
- A 23 yr old van driver from Hampton in Peterborough died between Guyhirn and Rings End on the A47 after a head on collision with a lorry. This is sadly now the 2nd fatality on the A47 in less than a month.
- A resident of Bath Close in Bourne was stopped by Police in The Pollards, Elsea Park, Bourne after the boot of his car opened. Arrested, charged and convicted for drink driving with a 20 month ban and fees of £620.
- Low Rd and Halmergate in Spalding will be closed on 28/07/15
- Parish Council for Tallington are looking at possibility of speed awareness signage i.e. passive and interactive speed signs for the village
- A car overturned on Monday (20/7/25) at junction of Nene and Fletton Parkways in Peterborough.
- Road closure: A1175 nr Brazenose Lane in Stamford 27/7/15 6pm to midnight.
- Ex-BIG TOM Driving School learner Georgina Ivens from Peterborough wins snr women’s 400m race at E Anglian League meeting.
- A meeting on Wednesday (22/7/15) at Morton raised the possibility of a traffic light controlled junction at the crossroads with the facility to allow pedestrians to cross. The overwhelming positive response was directed to be fed back to the next parish council meeting.