Five driving test facts
July 22, 2020
Make the most of your driving test slot – don’t get caught out and lose your test. Look at these five things that you will need to have covered before your test starts
- The inside of the car must be clean – if you take your driving test with BIG TOM this WILL be the case
- Don’t get to the test centre more than 5 minutes before it is due to start. No-one goes inside the buildings any more (unless you want the toilets).
- Wear a face mask unless you have a good reason not to. This includes if:
• you have a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability that means you cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering
• putting on, wearing or removing a face covering would cause you severe distress
• you need to remove it during your test to avoid harm or injury or the risk of harm or injury to you or others
You must have told BIG TOM Admin if you have a good reason not to wear a face covering when they booked a test for you.
It’s important that you have practised driving wearing a face covering before your test.
If you have a problem with your face covering during the test, your driving examiner will ask you to stop so you can adjust it. The driving examiner will end the test early if it becomes a safety issue.
- Are you self-isolating? You must not come to the driving test if:
• you or someone you live with has coronavirus symptoms
• you’ve been told by the NHS Test and Trace service that you’ve been in contact with a person who has coronavirus
• you have returned to the UK in the last 14 days (conditional on location)
- Big driving faults. Should a serious or dangerous driving fault crop up, the examiner will direct you back to the driving test centre so as to minimise exposure time in the car.
BIG TOM intensive driving course 07498364211