This blog explains to customers the actions being taken by BIG TOM Driving School to mitigate the risk of infection.
The notice (shown right) is displayed in the driving school car as a reminder to pupils, driving examiners and the public of our commitment to Covid safe practices.
The responsibility for open, honest and accurate communication of risk factors rests with us all. Cancellations that result from increased risk of infection do not result in a financial penalty – alternative dates will always be found.
- Our working environment involves less than the 2-metre distance recommendation, and the following risk mitigations are in place:
- increased frequency of handwashing pre/post in-car training, and sanitiser use in-car
- facing forwards as much as is practicable that still maintains road safety
- provision of sanitiser, face masks/coverings, tissues, disposable bags, disinfectant, anti-bacterial wipes
- hourly pauses to allow for full ventilation and to disinfect car controls
- rear windows open at all times, no air conditioning
- minimising face to face discussions in-car
- session briefings/de-briefings to be conducted outside the car
- twice weekly Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Self-Test by the BIG TOM driving instructor
- no exchanging of items in-car between instructor & pupil
We ask all customers to ensure they contact BIG TOM Admin before a session is due to start, should there be ANY change in answers to the health screening questions.
The BIG TOM Covid-19 Driving Training Strategy has been developed after careful consideration of guidance from the National Associations Strategic Partnership. Owner of BIG TOM Driving School, Tom Ingram, has completed the DIA Academy ‘Covid-19 Infection Control and Safe Training Protocols Course’ on 28/06/2020.