Enjoy the experience! This is your time, it’s your money, and everything is centered around you. Enjoy the attention, be comfortable in the driver’s seat, stop for a break when you need to.
9. Share your fears. We are all different, and although common anxieties include speed, large lorries, cyclists and buses, be sure to tell us anything that is troubling you. From bright sun in the eyes, to thick soled shoes making pedal pressure hard to judge, we pay attention to detail – it can be really important.
8. Start at the beginning. Some people feel that there is a need to take on roundabouts on Day 1 as they are doing an intense driving course in Peterborough. Relax, our ‘Beginners’ course has a whopping 40 hours of driving experience as standard. There is no need for cutting corners with Big Tom Driving School.
7. Believe in yourself. Nerves about the test are natural, but our customers are given so much driving experience that the driving test ends up being a non-event! No-one expects you to appreciate this from the start, but by Day 7, you really will be feeling good about your driving skills.
6. Use all our resources. Lean on us, this is what you are paying for. Use of video technology, on-line theory study material, experience with special needs, accurate progress monitoring; these are all freely available to you on our Intense Driving Course in Peterborough.
5. Engage, engage, engage. Get stuck in and you will be amazed at how much you can learn. Go and read our testimonials and on-line reviews to see how previous customers have gained so much by simply asking questions and engaging. Like our Facebook page, subscribe to the video channel, ask questions on our Learner forum, even Learners who are not our customers are doing exactly that!
4. Keep smiling. Remember that in any learning experience, there very often is a momentary step backwards, and then 2 steps forward, it is a common occurrence. Just remember to put things in perspective on your course and keep smiling; although you may not feel it, you will still be making progress in these trying times.
3. Try before you buy. With a financial investment of this type, you need to feel completely confident in your purchase before you commit – arrange a drive before you pay a single penny. Big Tom Driving School provides a no-obligation trial completely free of charge, to help you choose a course suitable for you, as well as to allow you to try out the car, meet the Driving Instructor.
2. Plan this, it wont just happen. Organise the child minder, take the holiday period off work, put the money aside and make this happen for you. It is never too late to learn to drive, but this investment in time and money will need to be arranged, putting it off for another day means that day never comes.
Number 1. Dare to dream. Imagine what driving will mean to you, what are the benefits to your day to day living, how will it improve your quality of life, your occupational ambitions, your family arrangements. It is important to recognise how this will change your life for the better…. now go live the dream!